What you will need:
2 quarts 100% apple juice
½ cup brown sugar
1 apple, unpeeled and cut in half
1 small naval orange, unpeeled and sliced into ¼-inch slices
2 tsp. whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
½ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
½ tsp. allspice
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Carefully insert the whole cloves into the apple on both the flesh and skin sides.
2. Heat apple juice over medium heat in a large pot or dutch oven.
3. Once heated, add the brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer and let simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Promptly remove the apple halves, orange slices, cinnamon sticks and any clove remnants from the pot.
6. Let cool but still serve while warm.
You can make a big batch of this and keep it in the fridge to warm up again later or serve as a nice cool drink.
If you’re into garnishing your drinks try adding apple chips to the rim or a cinnamon stick in the glass.
If you want to make this an alcoholic Autumn drink try adding any of the following.
A nicely spiced rum, I suggest Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum or if you can find it Kraken Blacked Spiced Rum