What you will need:
5 c. sliced, peeled tart apples
1-1/4 c. sugar
1 c. fresh or frozen cranberries
3 tbsp. quick cooking tapioca
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. water
2 tbsp. butter
What you will need ( topping ) :
3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. cold butter
1 c. milk
Steps to yummy goodness:
1) In large saucepan, combine apples, sugar, cranberries, tapioca, cinnamon and water; let stand 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Cook and stir 3 minutes longer. Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish. Dot with butter.
3) In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
4) Stir in milk to form a soft dough. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls over hot mixture.
5) Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and toothpick come out clean.