What you will need:
6 cups fresh or frozen peach slices, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup unbleached flour
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup unbleached flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup rolled oatmeal
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 ounces (1 stick) butter, cold, cut in 8 pieces
Steps to yummy goodness:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Butter a 9″ X 9″ glass baking pan or 2 quart stoneware baking dish. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, toss peeled and pitted ripe peach slices with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 flour and lemon juice and arrange in prepared baking dish. Set aside.
4) Combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, oatmeal and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until blended.
5) With the food processor running, add cold butter a few pieces at a time. Pulse until the butter is incorporated and looks like coarse meal.
6) Spread topping ingredients evenly over the peaches and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until peaches are bubbling through and the topping is starting to brown.
7) Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes or more before serving.
8) Serve warm with Sweetened Whipped Cream ( or your choice of ice cream ) Refrigerate any leftovers if there are any left!