What you will need:
• 1 loaf rosemary focaccia
• 1/3 cup bruschetta topping
• 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
• 4 eggs
• salt and pepper
• 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Steps to yummy goodness:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bread into 4 equal parts. Using a round cookie cutter (or sharp knife), cut a well in the middle of each bread slice (don’t cut through to the bottom!)
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the bruschetta into each well (depending how deep the well is), then carefully break an egg into each one. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the eggs are cooked to your liking (loosely cover with foil if the tops begin to brown too quickly.) Sprinkle with chopped parsley and eat right away.
Note: If your focaccia is very thick, I would recommend slicing off a portion of the bottom OR placing a heavy skillet or casserole dish on top for a while to flatten slightly.