What you will need:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
6oz milk chocolate chips (half a bag)
6oz peanut butter chips (half a bag)
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
2 sticks unsalted, room temperature butter
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 cups powdered/confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup heavy/whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Steps to yummy goodness:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add peanut butter and beat until incorporated, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Reduce speed to low.
- Mix remaining wet ingredients in a bowl. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in 3 additions, alternating with wet ingredients and ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each 2/3 full. Bake cupcakes until testers inserted into centers come out clean, about 17-20 minutes.
- Remove from tins immediately using a fork and let cool on wire racks. Prepare cupcakes for filling by cutting a cone shaped hole out of the top of each cake, saving the cone so you can replace it after the cake is filled.
- Put the cream in a medium size glass bowl and microwaved it for 1 minute, until the cream was very hot but not boiling.
- Whisk the chips into the cream until smooth and creamy. Add the butter and combine with whisk until the chocolate is smooth and shiny.
- Let ganache sit about 30 minutes until it starts to thicken slightly. Fill each cupcake with a generous dollop of chocolate and replace the cone.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine all ingredients using paddle attachment.
- Whip until smooth, light and fluffy.
- Place in pastry bag and frost cupcakes.
**If it’s too soft for piping, you might need to place it in the refrigerator for 5 minutes to firm up. Garnish as desired – I used chocolate toffee bits.**