What you will need:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup whole milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk plus about a tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 generous tablespoon instant espresso
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup
2 generous teaspoons coffee paste
2 tablespoons boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
1 stick / 113 grams unsalted butter (at room temperature)
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
125 grams milk chocolate bar , roughly chopped
Steps to yummy goodness:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F / 180 °C . Butter the baking tins and silicone pan ; set aside .
- In a medium bowl , whisk the flour , baking powder , salt and baking soda . Whisk milk and soured cream er milk in a small bowl .
- Sift cocoa powder in another bowl , whisk in honey , golden syrup and boiling water , mix well to combine then add in the coffee paste , stir well ; let cool completely .
- In a large bowl , beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy , about 3 minutes . Beat in eggs , one at a time , scraping the sides of the bowl after each . Beat in vanilla . Add the cocoa mixture , stir until smooth , scraping the sides occasionally . By hand , using a rubber or silicone spatula , add in the flour mixture alternately with soured cream mixture in 2 additions , stir until well blended , mix in the chopped chocolate
- Pour batter in the prepared pans and bake for about 24 minutes ( silicone pan ) and about 30 minutes for three ( 3 1/2 by 1 1/2-inch ) tins . Let cool in pans on a wire rack before removing .