What you will need:
6 cups popped popcorn (about 5 tablespoons unpopped)
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Sea Salt, to taste
chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
Steps to yummy goodness:
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil; set aside.
- Place the popped popcorn in a large bowl; set aside.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt; stir until it starts to boil.
- Let boil for 2 minutes without stirring.
- Mix in baking soda and vanilla; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over popcorn, stirring to coat.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon until chocolate is melted and thoroughly combined.Spread popcorn over prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle with sea salt and let cool.
- Garnish with chocolate chips and serve.