What you will need:
1/3 medium red onion
handful of cilantro
1 Jalapeño, finely minced, seeds and all
juice of 1 lime
fresh cracked black pepper
Steps to yummy goodness:
1) Rinse off strawberries let dry on some paper towel
2) While strawberries are drying, slice the jalapeño and finely mince ( clean out the seeds if you want less heat )
3) Finely mince the red onion
4) Chop the strawberries into small even pieces
5) Get a handful of cilantro, well rinsed and finely chopped
6) Mix everything in a bowl.
7) Slice lime in half and squeeze out the juice over everything, crack some black pepper over it all
8 ) Chill until ready to serve.
Don’t make this much more than an hour or so before serving. Like all salsas, it will wilt and the fruit will get a little mushy. An hour is the optimal amount of time for the flavors to meld and the juices to start flowing. Longer than that and the salsa will slowly start to lose its fresh appearance.