What you will need:
2 crescent roll tubes
1 Lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese grated
1 head of lettuce shredded
1 or 2 tomatoes depending on size diced
1/2 small can olives sliced
Toppings of your choice (Avocado, sour cream, green onions, jalapenos… etc)
Steps to yummy goodness
1. Separate the crescent pastry and lay out in a circle, pointed ends out on a foil lined pizza pan, sprayed very lightly with cooking spray. Use some of the leftover crescent rolls to to make the center a bit thicker as this will hold the meat.
2. Brown meat in a frying pan until no longer pink. Drain fat and add taco seasoning as directed on package, reducing the water to a scant 1/3 cup from the 1/2 cup called for. Drain excess liquid from meat.
3. Sprinkle meat mixture in a circle inside the crescent rolls, then sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over the meat. Pull crescent roll points over meat and cheese and tuck in.
4. Bake at 350 degrees until pastry is golden brown (approx. 30 min).
5. Add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, chopped lettuce, tomato, black olives, and toppings, into the middle of the ring, then add a few dollops of sour cream if desired, before serving.
This works great if you are attending a potluck, have a party going or watching the game with some friends.