What you will need:
12 mini corn tortillas
1/2 lb. ground beef, fully cooked
3/4 cup Picante Sauce
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Fully cook ground beef in skillet and drain.
2. Add Picante Sauce to ground beef and warm.
3. Warm mini corn tortillas between 2 paper towels on a plate in the microwave, until they become pliable and easier to work with.
4. The next step involves a muffin tin; you’ll need 12 muffin cups. Place each mini tortilla in a muffin cup, working with it to make it fit down in the cup. It helps to add a tablespoon full of beef at this point.
5. Once all tortillas are fitted into place and beef mixture added, bake at 350° for about 20-30 minutes or until tortillas are crunchy.
6. Remove from oven, adding cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes.
7. Finish each taco bite off with a dollop of sour cream and serve. Enjoy!
.: Side Note :.
You can use the baked tortilla “bowls” for more than just tacos, why not fill them with fruit and some Greek yogurt or make pizza bites by filling them with some tomato sauce, cheese and some of your favorite pizza toppings.
Food is meant to be fun and yummy so go play in the kitchen and see what you come up with.