What you will need:
small to medium Brussels Sprouts
1-2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1/2-1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2-1 teaspoon celery salt
metal kabob skewers
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. First, clean the sprouts. Trim the cut ends back without interfering with the leaves, and peel any withered leaves off the bulb. Score the bottoms; one cut will suffice.
2. Then place the sprouts in boiling, salted water for no more than five minutes. NO MORE!
3. Drain, drizzle with oil and toss in a bowl with the salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and celery salt.
4. When the sprouts are nice and coated, place on the metal kabob skewers, then place on a hot grill (but keep the bowl handy), turning every four minutes for a total of twelve minutes.
5. Remove from the grill and this is where you can put them back to the seasoning bowl and toss to coat with any remaining seasoning or just leave them as they already are.
You can do all this and make a nice sprout salad by slicing the sprouts, adding some chopped up bacon and kalle. You can leave them as is and add some lemon juice on top to give them a “lighter” more bright taste as well if you like.