What you will need:
Seeds scooped from a medium size pumpkin
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
zest of half a lime
the juice of 1/2 a lime
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Cover your freshly scooped pumpkin seeds with water in a medium bowl. Stir them around to loosen the pulp, then drain the water, picking out as much of the pulp as you can.
2. Lay the seeds over a paper towel or cloth and pat dry.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a small bowl, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
5. Add lime juice and pumpkin seeds to bowl of melted butter and stir to coat.
6. Add chili powder, cayenne pepper, and salt, stirring to coat seeds with seasoning evenly.
7. Spread the seeds onto a foil lined baking sheet to form one even layer. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring to turn the seeds halfway through.
8.Allow to cool for a few minutes before adding lime zest. Salt to taste.
If you don’t want to use butter you can substitute it with the same amount of olive oil.