What you will need:
2 tbsp canola oil (or other neutral)
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp honey
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
Salt to taste feel free to leave out
Steps to yummy goodness:
To toast sesame seeds in a pan:
1. Heat the sesame seeds on medium heat, shaking the pan occasionally
2. Remove the seeds once they get slightly golden and become fragrant (keep a close eye on them they burn easily)
3. Allow the now toasted seeds to cool then store in a covered jar at room temperature.
For oven roasting sesame seeds:
1. Preheat the oven to 325F
2. Spread the seeds out on a baking sheet.
3. Bake the seeds until they become slightly golden and become fragrant (keep a close eye on them they burn easily)
4. Allow the now toasted seeds to cool then store in a covered jar at room temperature.
For making the dressing
1. Whisk together oils, honey, soy sauce, garlic and chili flakes. Set aside until ready to use
2. When ready to use mix in toasted sesame seeds per your liking and enjoy your new dressing.
This goes great for more then just salads, try it on top of chicken, salmon or rice noodles.