What you will need:
2½ pounds chicken wings
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon Chinese 5-Spice or other Asian spice blend that you personally may enjoy
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
¼ cup blackberry jam
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Rinse wings and drumettes and pat dry.
3. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with vegetable oil and spice blend until well coated.
4. Position wings on baking racks in a single layer ensuring that wings aren’t touching.
5. Bake, rotating pan half-way through, until fully cooked, 45 to 50 minutes.
6. Remove wings from oven and transfer to a large bowl.
7. Whisk together hoisin and blackberry jam in a small saucepot over medium-low heat until warm.
8. Drizzle wings with sauce, tossing until well coated. Serve immediately.
If you can’t find Chinese 5-Spice you can easily make your own by mixing these spices.
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 teaspoon cloves, ground
1 teaspoon fennel seed, toasted and ground
1 teaspoon star anise, ground
1 teaspoon szechuan peppercorns, toasted and ground
You can also add ground ginger or chili flakes to give it a more fresh taste with a little heat.