What you will need:
2 egg whites
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Preheat the oven to 140oC
2. Line a baking tray with parchment.
3. Whisk the egg whites for a couple minutes with an electric whisk until stiff peeks form.
4. Slowly add one spoonful of sugar at a time to the egg whites while continuously whisking.
5. Keep mixing until thick and glossy.
6. Using a metal spoon, spoon heaps of the meringue mixture onto the baking tray leaving a small gap between each heap.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until the meringues are dried out and hard to touch.
8. Turn off the oven leaving the meringue to cool with the door slightly open.
9. Once cooled store in an air tight container.
I egg white=50g sugar so you can make as many or as little meringues as you like.
Once cooled you can use the meringues in many ways, for example you can dip the bottom of the meringues in chocolate or sprinkle on some dusted almonds or even add some food coloring to make the meringues great for any occasion (like in the photo)