What you will need:
3 tablespoons canola oil
6 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup flour
¼ cup protein powder
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon instant coffee granules (optional)
1 tablespoon sugar
Pinch sea salt
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Preheat oven to 325F and line an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper so it hangs over the edges.
2. Melt half the chocolate in a microwave or double boiler; cool slightly, then whisk in the oil, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla.
3. Stir in the flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking soda, coffee powder (if using), sugar, and sea salt, being careful not to over-mix.
4. Fold in the remaining half of the chopped chocolate.
5. Spread the batter in the prepared pan, and bake until a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs (about 25 to 35 minutes).
You can use a chocolate bar or mini chocolate chips in this recipe.
These brownies are great on their own but you can add chopped nuts on top for a little extra texture.
You can use any frosting to top the brownies if you choose too, I used a simple icing sugar frosting.
You can omit the protein powder if you want; if you do so, reduce the amount of yogurt to 4 tablespoons.