What you will need:
For the graham cracker layer:
6-7 graham crackers, finely crushed (roughly 1cup)
For The Blueberry Sauce:
1¼ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 tablespoon honey or granulated sugar
2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
zest from one lemon
For the cheesecake layer:
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ tablespoon heavy cream
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
For the garnish:
crushed graham cracker crumbs
Steps to yummy goodness:
To make the blueberry sauce:
1. Heat all of the blueberry sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Allow to boil and then mash with a fork.
3. Turn the heat down to medium, simmer sauce on medium low until thickened.
4. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely before layering in parfaits.
For the cheesecake part:
1. In a medium sized bowl beat the softened cream cheese for about a minute until smooth and creamy.
2. Mix in half of the sour cream until smooth then add the remaining half, along with the vanilla extract and heavy cream.
3. Continue to mix until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar until everything is well combined.
To assemble it:
1. Start the parfaits by layering 1 to 2 tablespoons of the graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of each serving glass or jar.
2. Add the cheesecake mixture, and blueberries in alternating even layers.
3. Top with fresh blueberries and any other berries of your choice.
4. Store in refrigerator allowing to set for at least 30 minutes.
For a healthier option switch out the sour cream for Greek yogurt and use 1/2 fat or light cream cheese.
Feel free to switch out the blueberries for any berries you personally enjoy.