What you will need:
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
1 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
¼ teaspoon pumpkin-pie spice (recipe can be found here)
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 to 2 shots of espresso
sugar, to taste
whipped cream, optional
nutmeg, to garnish
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. In a saucepan whisk together milk, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar.
2. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot and steamy.
3. Remove from heat, whisk in the pumpkin-pie spice and the vanilla. Continue to whisk until frothy.
4. Pour into 2 coffee mugs about half way up, then add in the espresso or coffee.
5. Sprinkle in some extra sugar then garnish with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
Feel free to use whole milk , 2%, or skim
You can sub-statue the espresso with 1 cup of hot brewed strong coffee
This recipe can even be made in the microwave if you’re pressed for time
1. Pour the milk, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin-pie spice, and vanilla into a microwave-safe bowl.
2. Cook for 1 minute to 1 minute 30, or until the milk starts to rise up and is frothy.
3. Pour into mug, add the coffee, garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg.