What you will need:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (any almond milk will do I prefer this one)
3/4 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with a silicon baking mat or parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer (can use normal hand beater), combine sugars and coconut oil. Beat on medium-high until well combined. Add the vanilla and beat until smooth.
4. Add the flour mixture in two batches, alternately with the milk, with the mixer on low. Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.
5. Form dough into cookie dough balls, using a cookie scoop or spoon. Place on prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
6. Lightly press down on the cookies with the palm of your hand. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes or until the cookies are set around the edges, but soft in the center.
7. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for two minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
If you can find Vegan friendly chocolate chips feel free to use those to make these 100% Vegan friendly.
To make these gluten free try using almond flour.