What you will need:
1 tablespoon grapeseed or other neutral oil
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
2 milk chocolate bars (5oz), chopped
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. In a medium pot, heat the oil and 3 kernels of popcorn, covered, over medium heat until all 3 kernels pop. Pour in the remaining kernels, cover pot again and shake to distribute. As the popcorn pops, shake pan occasionally and immediately remove from heat once the popping slows to 2-3 seconds between pops.
2. Pour popcorn into a large bowl, removing any unpopped or partially popped kernels you see.
3. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
4. Place the chocolate and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30-second increments until chocolate is very soft and becomes completely liquid when stirred gently.
5. Immediately pour over the popcorn and stir to coat as thoroughly as possible. Spread evenly onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
6. Let sit at room temperature until chocolate has hardened, about 1 hour.
This popcorn keeps for up to 3 days in an airtight container