What you will need:
2 1/4 tsp or 1 packet (1/4 oz./7 g) dry active yeast
1/2 cup sugar, divided
1 cup warm milk
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups bread flour
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 1/2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Dissolve the yeast and 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar in the warm milk in a large bowl and let stand for about 10 minutes until foamy.
2. Mix in the eggs, butter, salt, and other 1/4 cup of granulated sugar. Add flour and mix until well blended and the dough forms a ball. Put in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (about one hour).
3. After the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Line cupcake pan with cupcake liners, and lightly spray over the top of them with cooking spray.
5. Roll dough into a 12×22 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 24 rolls.
6. Place each roll in a cupcake liner. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes. Let rolls cool completely before frosting.
You can use any frosting you like but I find that a simple cream cheese frosting works best to complement these cupcakes.