What you will need:
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 sticks of butter
1 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
1 tablespoon coarse salt, in a salt grinder
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Add 2 cups of sugar to a large saucepan, put on medium heat and wait for the sugar to start to melt. When it does, start whisking. It’ll get clumpy (keep whisking) and then start to turn to liquid. DO NOT STOP WHISKING
2. Once it’s melted you can finally stop whisking and check for that classic, well known amber, caramel color (trust me you’ll know it when you see it)
3.When you see that color, add your butter.
4. Whisk until the butter is well incorporated and melted
5. Remove from heat and slowly stir in the whipping cream.
6. Stir in about a tablespoon of salt. If you have a salt grinder, now is a great time to use it (the small salt flakes absorb right away)
7. Let the pan sit for about ten minutes. DO NOT touch the caramel, or the whisk, unless you want to get burned…don’t ask how I know
8. Pour into jars and cool to room temperature.
Once in air tight / sealed jars it can store in the fridge for 3- 4 weeks or until you try it and eat the entire batch in one sitting I won’t judge.
This sauce goes great on ice cream, cupcake drizzle, dipping fruit into but it’s my go to when I make mini chocolate bundt cakes