What you will need:
For the crust:
1/2 cup oat flour
1/3 cup ground almond flour
2 tbsp corn starch
½ tsp sea salt
3 tbsp cold butter
3 tbsp ice cold water
For the filling:
150 grams feta cheese
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp red chili flakes
½ tsp grated nutmeg
2 tbsp olive oil
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove
2 cups fresh spinach, firmly packed
Salt and black pepper, to taste
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Combine the oat and almond flours, cornflour and sea salt in a bowl.
3. Add the coconut oil and ice cold water.
4. With your hands, work the dry ingredients towards the center until a dough forms.
5. Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in clingfilm, then chill for about 30 minutes.
6.Press the dough evenly into a 8 inch tart case, trim the dough flush with the edge of the case.
7. Prick the bottom with a fork and blind bake for about 10 minutes. Reduce the oven to 325F
8. Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl, whisk for 30 seconds, then crumble in the feta cheese.
9. Stir in the oregano, chilli flakes, nutmeg and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
10.Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the spring onions and garlic and fry for about 3 minutes until golden.
11. Add half of the spinach and a pinch of salt.
12. Stir the spinach gently until it wilts, then add the rest and keep on stirring until wilted. 13. Remove from the heat and pour into the mixing bowl containing the egg and cheese mixture, stir well until everything is combined.
14. Spoon the filling into the crust.
15. Bake for about 30 minutes until the filling is firm and golden.
16. Let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
If you don’t want to use butter pressed coconut oil is a good substitution.
Frozen spinach works well too just be sure to drain of all the water.