These ones are in the form of a super yummy, grab one while running out the door muffin.
What you will need:
For the muffin:
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons melted butter, cooled slightly
1 cup milk (you may need a splash extra)
For the topping / filling:
1 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
3 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
1½ cups pecans, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the frosting:
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
dash of vanilla
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
2. Generously grease a standard 12 cup muffin tin.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the dry muffin ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until well combined. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture, stirring only until just combined.
5. Combine all the topping/filling ingredients.
6. Gently fold half of the mixture into the muffin batter.
7. Spoon the muffin batter, about ¼ cup, into each muffin tin. Then top with remaining brown sugar mixture.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until muffins spring back when pressed lightly.
9. Remove from oven. Cool slightly, then transfer carefully to a wire rack.
10. Whisk together all of the frosting ingredients.
11. Drizzle over the top of the muffins and enjoy every delicious bite . . . hack even lick your fingers when you’re done.
If you don’t want to use pecans feel free to use crushed and chopped walnuts or almonds.