What you will need:
For the filling:
1.25 lbs lean ground turkey
1 cup red onion, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1½ tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ teaspoon of pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the cilantro lime crema:
1 garlic clove
½ cup Greek yogurt, plain
¼ cup cilantro
½ teaspoon ground cumin
juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
salt & pepper, to taste
For the wraps:
1 avocado, diced
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
10-12 leaves of Butter Lettuce
2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, garnish
Steps to yummy goodness:
For making the cilantro lemon crema:
1. In a food processor or blender add, garlic clove, Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice, ½ teaspoon of cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Blend until smooth and then set aside.
For the rest:
1. Heat a saute pan to medium high heat.
2. Add olive oil and red onion, saute until translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add in garlic, saute for 30 seconds.
4. Add lean ground turkey, cook until no longer pink. Approximately 7-10 minutes.
5. Add in 1½ tablespoons of cumin, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, ground cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir until all the spices are mixed together.
6. Serve turkey mixture on top of butter lettuce with avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh cilantro, and cilantro lime crema.
If you are having a hard time finding the dried ancho chili powder normal chili powder will work just fine.
If you want a little more spice and can’t find ancho chili powder use a normal Poblano pepper since the Poblano pepper is the “fresh” / “hydrated” form of the ancho pepper.
Poblano peppers dried are then called ancho peppers.