What you will need:
1 large sweet potato
2 tsp olive oil OR oil spray, for fat-free potato chips
1/4 tsp salt
*optional sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, cayenne, or any other spices you wish
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Heat the oven to 300 F
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire cooling tray over the baking sheet.
3. Peel the sweet potato if desired, then slice the sweet potato as thinly as possible, using a mandolin if you have one.
4. Try to cut the chips as evenly as possible so that they all take around the same time to bake without some burning while others are not yet crispy.
5. Soak in water for 10minutes to remove some of the starch, which helps them get crispier.
6. Pat dry, place in a large bowl, and toss with the oil or spray.
7. Toss with the spices, arrange the slices on a single layer on the cooling tray and then place on the middle rack in your oven.
8. Bake for 40 minutes.
9. Open the oven and remove any chips that are already starting to get crispy.
10. Continue baking the rest of the chips up to 20 minutes longer, being sure to keep an eye on them once they start to curl up. Once they start to look browned and a little crispy, remove, let cool, serve and enjoy.
This recipe works great with yams or normal potatoes.
Serve and eat by themselves or use a ranch dressing for a dipping option.