What you will need:
1 Ambrosia apple, thinly sliced
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. Wash the apple leaving the peel on.
4. Slice the apple very thin with a knife or a mandolin slicer.
5. Spread the apple slices onto the baking sheet making 1 single layer.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar.
7. Bake for 1.5 hours, flip the apples over, and bake for another 1.5 hours.
8. Let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
For a crunchier result, turn the oven off and keep the apples inside for another 1/2 hour or so. The thicker apples may just be chewy and only slightly crunchy, the thinner will be very crunchy.
Store the chips in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
If you can’t find Ambrosia apples the following ones work just as good:
– Granny Smith