What you will need:
1/2 cup shortening, butter flavored
1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl cream together the shortening, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy (It takes about 4 minutes by hand, do it on medium speed if you’re using a mixer).
3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix to combine, remember to scrap down the sides of the bowl while mixing.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, soda, and salt.
5. Add to the butter / sugar mixture and mix until it lightly combined.
6. Add the white chocolate chips and the macadamia nut cookies.
7. Spoon onto the sheet pan lined with parchment paper, with about 2 inch spacing (I find a tablespoon works best).
8. Bake until lightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes then cool on a wire rack.