What you will need:
3-4 large zucchini
1 cup panko
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp dried basil
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Steps to yummy goodness:
1. Pre-heat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper, then set aside.
2. Combine 2 eggs in a small shallow bowl and set aside.
3. Combine the panko, parmesan cheese and spices in another bowl and set aside.
4. Prepare zucchini by trimming the ends and cutting into ½ inch strips or slices.
5. Dip zucchini strips into egg mixture then in breadcrumb mixture and transfer to the baking sheet. Repeat until all the zucchini strips are coated with egg and breadcrumbs.
6. Bake in preheated oven, turning once, until golden and crisp, 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and crispy
If you can’t find panko feel free to use normal breadcrumbs, you can use already seasoned panko or breadcrumbs as well.
These are great to dip in a chipotle mayo, ranch, tzatziki, but your favorite dipping sauce will be great as well I’m sure.
If by some chance you have left overs DO NOT MICROWAVE, re-heat them in the oven and they will keep that crispy coating. I normally re-heat items like this on a non-stick baking sheet in the oven while it pre-heats to 425F.
If you want them super crispy you can do the breading part ( step 5 ) twice.